Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Globesmart Assessment

I enjoyed taking the Globesmart Assessment this afternoon.  Sometimes when I am taking such tests regarding communication style and personality, I feel that I second-guess my responses too critically.  This makes me wonder if my results are a true indication of what my cultural values and communicate styles are and how they compare to other U.S. scores. 

I ended up rating as highly interdependent, more egalitarian (than status seeking; could be my HR background and experience?), at the median with regard to risk taking versus restraint, also in the mid-range for direct versus non-direct interact (no surprise there; I feel that I actively try to avoid any kind of conflict however, attempt to be assertive when it is warranted), and very task oriented (this one is surprising to me however, I do get an extreme feeling of satisfaction when I complete a task or project). 
I think that my grandparents would have scored somewhat differently than I did.  I believe this is just a reflection of the differences between generations.  I think they might have scored higher with regard to restraint, directness and status.
Additionally, it appears that I am no a typical member of either my German heritage or my United States citizenship.  It appears that the typical US citizen is highly independent, more egalitarian than I proved to be, is comfortable with higher risk, is very direct however, I proved to be more task oriented.

I'm very excited to participate in the class because it is an HR-related elective and I really want to proactively improve upon my leadership skills as the ultimate goal of obtaining my MBA is to get promoted into an HR management position.

No comments:

Post a Comment